Does anyone use this forum anymore?

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

PaddyBart
Frequent Poster

Does anyone use this forum anymore?

Post by PaddyBart »

Hey all,

I used this site a lot over the last year and landed a handful of decent gigs as an artist but in the last 3-4 months there's nothing but spam and artists looking for work. Are other people having this same problem or am I missing something?

Cheers,
P
the_one_who_writes
Regular Poster

Post by the_one_who_writes »

I use this, but I am mostly a silent user.

I look at artists working for work, and usually message them privately about hiring them for commissions.

So far I've hired about 8 people I've found on this forum in the past year, and some of these have been long term jobs, ranging in thousands of dollars.

Lately I've been using it less because of the amount of pointless ads. Last time I hired someone was about 2 months ago.
ariaxy
Forum Member

Post by ariaxy »

Yes, PaddyBart. I was thinking the same.
Rick Alves
Consistant Poster

Post by Rick Alves »

post deleted
Last edited by Rick Alves on Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
noonecomics
Reinvents comics

Re: Does anyone use this forum anymore?

Post by noonecomics »

PaddyBart wrote:Hey all,

I used this site a lot over the last year and landed a handful of decent gigs as an artist but in the last 3-4 months there's nothing but spam and artists looking for work. Are other people having this same problem or am I missing something?

Cheers,
P
I was thinking just about the same, but yeah there are some silent users, and sometimes a good gig comes along...it is true that the amount of people looking for talent here is going down compared to previous years.
I've been here for about 3 years only.