**R.I.P. ZWOL 4/20/2017**

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

LightningPowered
Frequent Poster

Post by LightningPowered »

i've only gotten one customer since joining the site, almost a year ago. i'm hoping that changes. everything here is spam. it's ridiculous.
OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
EMAIL: mrrocket (at) roadrunner (dot) com
diegogue
Consistant Poster

Post by diegogue »

thanks for deleting all the spam!!!! :D
Eric F Myers
Understands reinventing

Post by Eric F Myers »

You're welcome. I've cleared out the first three pages of this section. I started on the Hype section last night. The General Discussion area just needs to be burned to the ground.
ArtbyAtlas
Understands reinventing

Post by ArtbyAtlas »

Looks like the site is coming back to life again. Great work to the ones keeping it up
diegogue
Consistant Poster

Post by diegogue »

ArtbyAtlas wrote:Looks like the site is coming back to life again. Great work to the ones keeping it up
Yes indeed
Ricco
Understands reinventing

Post by Ricco »

I have never been happy to be wrong in my life,but this is the exception. ZWOL is back on the right track thanks to a returning MOD. I know this removal of SPAM can be a daunting task and can get real old real quick. I'm sure Eric has a life outside these boards and is keeping these boards clean as a favor to us that browse or post here.

Eric, we don't want you to burn out here with the task of deleting Spam and this is mearly a suggestion, as you said General Discussion should be burned to the ground. I think the Hype page should go that way also. Seeking comic Artists/Writers is the priority because this is where the most traffic is.

Once again, thanks for your support, and hope you can find Greg to clean out the Spammers permanently.

Ricco
Eric F Myers
Understands reinventing

Post by Eric F Myers »

You're welcome. True, those first couple of days I almost walked away. I don't want to spend hours cleaning up spam. But now I'm just checking in once a day clearing out anything new that popped up overnight.
ArtbyAtlas
Understands reinventing

Post by ArtbyAtlas »

Eric F Myers wrote:You're welcome. True, those first couple of days I almost walked away. I don't want to spend hours cleaning up spam. But now I'm just checking in once a day clearing out anything new that popped up overnight.
And that's all we can ask. Many thanks, Eric!
ld-airgrafix
Consistant Poster

Post by ld-airgrafix »

Damn these spammers, they are like hydra, take one down, two more take its place
Eric F Myers
Understands reinventing

Post by Eric F Myers »

They're getting angry. I came back after an hour and there's six pages of crap to delete. I also noticed one trying to pretend to be an artist responding to a post.
Rick Alves
Consistant Poster

Post by Rick Alves »

post deleted
Last edited by Rick Alves on Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eric F Myers
Understands reinventing

Post by Eric F Myers »

Sorry, it didn't look like you were looking for an artist or a writer, so I moved your post to the hype section.
Ricco
Understands reinventing

Post by Ricco »

And the above poster Dakotalu is exactly why we need and thank Eric🙂

FU Dakotalu!
Rick Alves
Consistant Poster

Post by Rick Alves »

post deleted
Last edited by Rick Alves on Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eric F Myers
Understands reinventing

Update

Post by Eric F Myers »

Update:

Forum forum is now clean.

I've been working on the General Discussion nightly.

I've built a macro that opens the previous discussion in a new tab, deletes the current topic, closes the current tab, which then jumps to the next tab and repeats until I tell it to stop. I loosely monitor it to make sure it's not off eating the internet, but for the most part I can leave it go for an hour while I'm doing something else. I've might have wiped out some non-spam threads, but those are the sacrifices we have to make. I do click through 20 or so pages first to see if anything sticks out.

So in a few weeks I might be able to have everything cleaned up and we'll just have to just sweep away the nightly crap that comes across.
noonecomics
Reinvents comics

Re: Update

Post by noonecomics »

Eric F Myers wrote:Update:

Forum forum is now clean.

I've been working on the General Discussion nightly.

I've built a macro that opens the previous discussion in a new tab, deletes the current topic, closes the current tab, which then jumps to the next tab and repeats until I tell it to stop. I loosely monitor it to make sure it's not off eating the internet, but for the most part I can leave it go for an hour while I'm doing something else. I've might have wiped out some non-spam threads, but those are the sacrifices we have to make. I do click through 20 or so pages first to see if anything sticks out.

So in a few weeks I might be able to have everything cleaned up and we'll just have to just sweep away the nightly crap that comes across.
thanks so much for this eric, you da man!
A.O.M-comics
Forum Member

Yeah

Post by A.O.M-comics »

Well im no spammer and im looking for work anyone need some pages done just contact me at angel189369@gmail.com ive got some pretty solid rates and i dont fuck around but people want to pay me 40 bucks every 20 pages tp those people o say they can suck a dick being realistic is whats missing and ive only found like 3 jobs in the past 2 years of going to this site so they don't win but the person in charge of zwol should bring his fuxking a game and patch the problem so we can hunt for ddidicated people and jobs.
WillEd
Regular Poster

Re: Yeah

Post by WillEd »

A.O.M-comics wrote:Well im no spammer and im looking for work anyone need some pages done just contact me at angel189369@gmail.com ive got some pretty solid rates and i dont fuck around but people want to pay me 40 bucks every 20 pages tp those people o say they can suck a dick being realistic is whats missing and ive only found like 3 jobs in the past 2 years of going to this site so they don't win but the person in charge of zwol should bring his fuxking a game and patch the problem so we can hunt for ddidicated people and jobs.
You only have 15 posts in two years. You have to keep promoting yourself
Eric F Myers
Understands reinventing

Post by Eric F Myers »

You can't blame this board for you not getting work. I'm still surprised that Greg is still keeping the site active. He could easily just bring the whole thing down tomorrow. And with an attitude like that I wouldn't blame him for doing so.
zuperkrypto
Consistant Poster

Post by zuperkrypto »

Thank you so much Eric!!