Looking for artists AND writers! Horror/weird fantasy comic!

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

JoeMonster
Forum Member

Looking for artists AND writers! Horror/weird fantasy comic!

Post by JoeMonster »

Hello all,

I am an amateur writer looking to break into the comic book medium. I'm searching for a talent who can provide art for a possible horror anthology in the vein of Weird Tales and Tales From The Crypt.

While I have more than enough story fragments to begin working on, other writers who are familiar with this genre or who wish to break into it are more than welcome to contribute.

If you are looking for a paying job, I must unfortunately tell you that no money will be given up front. If the series gets its feet off the ground and is miraculously published, then profits will be given where they are due.

But first thing's first: this is meant to be fun and serve as experience for all involved. So let's have them!

If you are an artist, show me a few samples of your work and I will send you the story outline(s) that I think best fits you. I'm looking for all styles... Gothic, modern, pulp, magna. I got a story for almost every one. I do not have many completed scripts at the moment but, as said before, I will immediately begin work on the assignment of our consented choice.

For the writers, you may send me a synopsis of your script(s) and I will determine if they fit the format of the comic. I'm not too strict when it comes to plots... they can be of any style or subject. I don't care whether it's a story about a blood-drinking, opera singing gorilla, a serious portrayal of a psychopath, or a blood 'n' thunder tale of a masculine warrior beating the crap out of Hell spawn demons in order to rescue his virginal bride! Anything your little wicked hearts desire!

Remember, folks. This is all in good fun. I am new to this and eager to learn about the business and get my feet wet. I hope to hear from anyone willing to work on this project soon. Thank you for all your time and consideration in reading this.

All e-mails and questions should be sent to me at joemonster25@yahoo.com.