Artist looking for the right project

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

crizam
Forum Member

Artist looking for the right project

Post by crizam »

Hello there, I hope you're doing well and staying safe!
I'm an artist looking for a new project and I've received several offers in the last time which I highly appreciate but weren't for one reason or another a good fit for me at this moment, good salary which is important to dedicate the best of my experience, time and effort to the project, but (in my opinion) not a compelling story, not well-developed characters, etc. Or interesting projects with little budget that, even if engaging, I personally can't afford to accept, as many of you I spend uncountable hours in front of the board, and as much as I enjoy the process, I have to know that I'm being taken care of in order to produce my best.
So here's a bit about me to help the communication process go smoothly:)
I'm an expat Uruguayan sequential artist and illustrator currently spending most of the year in Moscow. For communication I'm fluent mainly in Spanish, English and Portuguese.
For more than 10 years now I been making comics for publishers and independent creators from all over the world, in the process I've made mistakes, progress and evolve as an artist and as a professional, I'll add my list of credits below.
At the moment I'm working on a project called Heist on Alpha, we're in the inking stage of the first two issues, I been posting some of the work in progress on my social media, I'll also add the links below.
I been also trying to move forward with my own personal project but I don't seem to be ready to put together that piece of work, didn't abandon it, just postponed it. I guess I tried too hard and I need time to rest from that universe and come back to it later on this year with fresh eyes.
So I find myself eager to put my skills to the service of a good story, well written, preferably a long term project, with complex scenarios and interesting characters to develop.
My page rates are negotiable and we can talk about it openly in the context of your project and the times we find ourselves in, I'd like ideally to keep or improve my current of usd$ 100 for pencils and $130 for inked pages.
After years of working mainly digitally I want to have my pencils done traditionally, I'll keep inking digitally but we'll have good quality original art which can be especially helpful in the case of crowdfunding campaigns. For those cases I can also offer sketches, w.i.p. pics and videos.
I'm an avid reader of Sci-fi novels, especially interested in transhumanism and cyberpunk, space opera, high fantasy and many other stuff) I enjoy the well-composed combination of those, currently in my audio book's playlist: Peter F. Hamilton and Iain M. Banks.
On comic books not a great reader but I'm some times catching on and being influenced by Murphy's Tokyo Ghost, House of X, Nonplayer and some very old Legion of Superheroes issues.

Some of my credits:
The Precinct issues #1 to #5_ (Dynamite Entertainment)
Vampirella: Prelude to Shadows_(Dynamite Entertainment)
Swords of Sorrow: Black Sparrow & Lady Zorro_(Dynamite Entertainment)
Grimm Tales of Terror Vol.2 issues #1 and #3_ (Zenescope Entertainment)
Collaborated in E.V.I.L. Heroes_ (Zenescope Entertainment)
Arthur: The Legend Continues issues #1 to #3_(Cosmic Times Productions)
Surviving The Damned issues #1 to #4_ (James Holmes)
Bogatyrs: The Graphic Novel_ (Urban Archipelago Studios)
Lazarus webcomic_(10Worlds Studio)
Parasitic_ (Donald Brady)
Preble's Boys: Legends of the Officers Corps #1_(Skylark Comics)
TheDredger #1_(Jeremy Willfinger)
The Resurrected issues #1 to #5_(Carnouche Productions)
Heist On Alpha issues #1 and #2_ (Michael Yee)
Two other projects are still to be announced later this year.

My links:
www.facebook.com/CrizamArtist
www.crizam.tumblr.com
www.instagram.com/crizam.art

Thanks for your time and don't hesitate on getting back to me via email: crizam@gmail.com