Webtoon Author Seeking Artist

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

DustyStarrz
Forum Member

Webtoon Author Seeking Artist

Post by DustyStarrz »

Hello! I'm Dusty, I write... Stories, I guess, I've written quite a few anyway.
Most of them have gone unfinished and have been scrapped for parts, but there are a few special gems that I consider "my children."
This webtoon, called Magic of a Dish, is one of those children.
I have the story idea.
I have the characters.
I created a whole town (125-130 people!) but I just don't have the time or patience to sit down and draw it all.
I tried, and it just takes me too long, I don't like a single panel to take me 3 hours.
So I've finally come here to ask if anyone would be willing to help me out.

Before you continue reading, I have to warn you that I unfortunately don't have the funds to pay you, if you'd decide to work with me. I'd send you gift cards on holidays though~

The basic plot:
Two sisters, Terra (22 years old) and Luna (17 years old) ran away from their home in New York City (Brooklyn specifically) and attempted to flee to Canada.
What they found instead was a sovereign town on the border that is not claimed by the US or Canada; a small village called Benton. They decide "hey Benton is good enough" and end up settling down, buying one of those cafe-house buildings where you live above the cafe.
Unfortunately, this house had a "kitchen fire" that killed the previous owner, Peter, about two months prior. Peter was the best friend of Cain, the owner of the coffee shop across the street, who is still mourning. He doesn't seem to like Terra or Luna at all, because he hasn't let go.
Now the two sisters have to fix up their house and make new friends and connections within this strange village, and achieve their internal goals and dreams while they're at it.

I suppose you could call it a drama, I happen to think there's also a lot of comedy.
Also, every person in the comic has an "Ultimate Food" that they correspond to (called an Ult, for short). For example, Peter's Ult was Maple Cinnamon Pancakes, and Cain's is Maple Black Coffee. (it was just straight Black Coffee before Peter died)
There are also witches, pagans, and voodoo practitioners in the town; Luna is more involved with them because she is a witch, and Terra is more involved with the other food people because her goal is to open a cafe.

In terms of what I'm looking for, I'd prefer it to be kind of a "cute" art style, like chibi/anime... Or if you want other references, "Space Boy," "Sunny Side Skies," "Axed," "Edith," and "Nothing Special" come to mind, all found on Line Webtoon.
(Sorry I know its a lot . 3.)
You won't have to worry about backgrounds or text, I can cover those!

If you want/need more info, let me know. If you want to read some of the script or any of my other writings, I'll totally send them to you.
Thank you for considering my project!!