Inker looking to collaborate and experiment with penciler.

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

scrawl-dodger
Regular Poster

Inker looking to collaborate and experiment with penciler.

Post by scrawl-dodger »

Hi there!

I'm Jeremy and I'm an amateur comic book enthusiast hailing from the Caribbean region. I'd like to have the opportunity to start a working relationship with someone who is proficient in the art of comic book penciling. This is solely an experimental process and I am unable to offer payment to anyone wishing to participate at this time. If you have a genuine love for drawing comics and want to see your pencils come alive in the finishes, then email me at jeremymarshall1977@gmail.com. There I will share samples of my inked work with you and I will determine if your work is the right fit for my needs.

As for the preferred penciling style, I am open to all approaches, but I tend to lean towards the Western/American style of comic art. My personal influences in comics are varied but I can identify a few names: Adam Hughes, Ryan Ottley, Sal Buscema, John Byrne, June Brigman, Terry Austin and the list goes on.

I am looking to do my finishes using the Clip Studio Paint software. I've been inking digitally for some years now and have dabbled in the use of various graphics and art-based programs.

In terms of content for our work, I was thinking of doing a series of warm-up pinups before attempting to move onto sequential pages. I have a handful of short scripts at my disposal which we can utilize for our storytelling.

If this proposal interests you, again, send your work to the aforementioned e-mail address. I will try to respond to your submissions within 24 - 48 hours of receiving them. Don't be shy, I wanna see what you guys and gals can do! :D