[Closed] Novice Writer Looking for a Webtoon Collab.

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

Shumsyy
Forum Member

[Closed] Novice Writer Looking for a Webtoon Collab.

Post by Shumsyy »

Hello,

As the title states, I am a novice writer who is currently in the process of writing a book, I am looking for collaboration on this very same book, to turn it into a comic suitable for webtoons. But before you read any further, I must warn you that this is an (at the beginning) unpaid collab, for both you and me. But as time goes on, hopefully, webtoons and Patreon will solve that(The % split on those will be decided between us).

I have high hopes for this project, therefore I do not feel restraint in posting this here, as I know how much artists are paid... and me asking for basically free art in the start means this better be good.

Well, it is... and these words come from a sort of an anime connoisseur that I've come to be over the years. And yes, I hope that the artist has more of an anime style, as my biggest dream is for this to be adapted into an anime. Now that being said, I'm not looking for a professional artist, nor do I think that any professional artist with a good income will read past the "unpaid", this is more for an artist trying to find themselves, and looking to express themselves, and I want to express myself as well, through your art and my writing. And also an artist with a lot of free time on their hands.

Now, you might be wondering, what is this story about? Surely you understand that I cannot reveal a lot of it, as it is a book in progress, but I'll try my best to tell you what is about, without revealing a lot of it.

The story has is light moments, but it will require a darker art style, as the story is set in another world, I won't reveal what kind of world it is here, it follows our protagonist who travels to that world (from ours, and trust me it's not an Isekai). He notices the world even though similar in structure, the denizens are vastly different, he has one of those same denizens with him, who brought him there in the first place, and the story then follows mostly the protagonist's point of view, as I really hate it when you read/watch something, and you have these side characters who just get like 5-10 chapters or 1-2 whole episodes dedicated to them, but in reality... no one cares, so the story mainly follows his experience in this new world, and trying to become part of it.

Now that's a very... broad explanation, but it is the structure of the story.

Now, this is for the artists who read this and all of the "Yes" marks are hit. This is, in no way a short project, this project will last for YEARS, I repeat YEARS, it will have God of highschool amount of chapters and more. I am someone who is deeply invested in this book, and I am someone who will be deeply invested in your art, and I will be there to help you create my and in some cases our vision, so a lot of my time will be spent writing/looking at art/drawing bad sketches you can laugh at, etc.

If you agree to all the prerequisites and that is basically not being paid at the start(until webtoon and Patreon kick in), and if you are willing to do this long term, and I mean LONG term. Then please post some of your art, and maybe we'll get in touch, and you can hear the actual story!

I would prefer someone from the EU, as timezones are a thing, but anything is possible!

Thanks for reading!
-Shumsyy
Last edited by Shumsyy on Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rass
Forum Member

Re: Novice Writer Looking for a Webtoon Collab.

Post by Rass »

I'm not from EU I should note. I'm novice artist. My art style is mostly influenced by Tokyo Ghoul manga, but it's a lot sketchier. I'm still learning, and with no doubt my art will improve over time. I have been looking for a long term project to help me improve and focus. If you're interested email me at rass07art@gmail.com
(I'm typing on a phone, I don't keep my art on it sooooo....)
seloros
Forum Member

Re: Novice Writer Looking for a Webtoon Collab.

Post by seloros »

Greetings,
I’m Seloros, a 28y.o. French artist, self taught and after a few aborted attempts in writing a consistent story to illustrate as a comic, I’m currently looking for collaborative work. You can check my Instagram account (@seloros) as an overview of my art style. To be honest I experienced various content, with a keen for male illustrations lately as my followers were more and more reactive to this. As writing isn’t my stuff yet, I’d love to work with you, and it’d allow me to dive in real sophisticated story and world as you describe yours. My current style is aiming for realism but I’d rather go for a more stylized / simplistic visual identity, depending on your expectations.
I’d gladly read some samples of your work to know how much interesting collaborating with you could be.
Can’t wait for discussing with you about it.
Best regards,
Seloros.
Shumsyy
Forum Member

Re: [Closed] Novice Writer Looking for a Webtoon Collab.

Post by Shumsyy »

I would like to thank everyone who applied, I've found someone to collab with on this story, hopefully, you'll be able to read it soon on webtoons.