Writer Looking for an Manga Artist or Webtoon Artist [closed]

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

UrsaMajorDream
Forum Member

Writer Looking for an Manga Artist or Webtoon Artist [closed]

Post by UrsaMajorDream »

Found an awesome artist. Thank you all! 💫

Hi!

I am a writer who is looking for an artist to work on my manga or Webtoon Artist Wallflower Blooming. I have a manga out now called The Mystery of Tokyo Bay and another one due to come out hopefully in the span of the next two months called Moonlight Rising.

I am under a publisher called Horizon Publishing who would also like to sign the artist to the company as well. (I admit as an author underneath them they don't hold me nor the other artist I work with to work under only them). Though if you wish not to join it's okay as well.

My manga, The Mystery of Tokyo Bay, was #1 in the manga section and graphic novel for five days

Proof: ibb.co/HXYVvXG

Chapter1: www.amazon.com/dp/B09FG7S6JK/r

Chapter 2:

The Mystery of Tokyo Bay: Vol 1 Chapter 2 www.amazon.com/dp/B09J3HKY8C/r

-My publisher is called Horizon Publishing:

Their TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@horizon.studios?lang=en1

Their Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/horizonpublishing/2

-My Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/21_wishes_in_a_dream/4

I am offering a 50% split of 60% of the profit with the artist while my publisher, who will be publishing the manga, will be getting 40 % for promotional cost. My publisher focuses the publishing on Amazon books and has had experience with publishing mangas, novels, and webtoons.

Genre: Romance and Drama

The story of Wallflower Blooming takes place in the year 2004 and revolves around two main characters, Niko Kumai and Shunpei Matsumura. Moriko Kumai, Niko's husband, disappears, and shortly thereafter she is suspected of being the cause. Before she is convicted, she goes on the run to find evidence to clear her name. Shunpei is being accused of bank fraud but has no idea how. The moment his girlfriend told him to escape, he decided to acknowledge her words. The two meet soon after, and though Shunpei doesn't want to work with someone who may have committed murder, he realizes he has no choice but to accept her offer. They meet new people, create new memories, and in the way the two start to fall for each other but knowing what they may have left behind and the possibility of returning back they question if they want to go down the path of new love or return to the road they always knew.

Leave me a message or reply if interested! Also don’t feel uncomfortable asking questions. I have met amazing artists in the past here so I trust coming here to meet the more amazing artist. I also hope to find an artist who can draw black features considering the fact that one of the main characters is a black woman.

I used my sims to create a good image of the main characters since I am not so great at digital art: https://ibb.co/hVxsq3Q

Another way to contact me is through email at daiesha33@gmail.com. Oh! If you want to also talk to my publisher and me, we can also chat via zoom or Google meetings.
Last edited by UrsaMajorDream on Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
dbppres

Re: Writer Looking for an Manga Artist or Webtoon Artist [Unpaid]

Post by dbppres »

if you sold books already, then why dont you have any money to pay an artist?
UrsaMajorDream
Forum Member

Post by UrsaMajorDream »

I do but artists I've met usually cost like $30 per page and that's a minimum. Since I'm just starting to get readers I don't really just make much yet. Though it's a pretty heaping amount I made.
UrsaMajorDream
Forum Member

Post by UrsaMajorDream »

dbppres wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:59 am if you sold books already, then why don't you have any money to pay an artist?
I do but artists I've met usually cost like $30 per page and that's a minimum. Since I'm just starting to get readers I don't really just make much yet. Though it's a pretty heaping amount I made. Just not every artist wants to be paid by commission but page. Which is understandable in itself.