WANNA STRIKE WHILE THE IRON IS HOT? (Colaborate)

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

PropagandaComics
Forum Member

WANNA STRIKE WHILE THE IRON IS HOT? (Colaborate)

Post by PropagandaComics »

Hey Y'all,

I am an author (under 2 different pen names) with over 20 published books to my credit. Currently, I am trying to get into writing comic books professionally. To me, it seems like a good start to put several out there. 3+ Comics should be out before the Summer of 2024. Moreover, instead of doing completely original material - which may or may not gain a following - I am utilizing public domain characters (who already have some sort of following) within the comics to help build trust & establish a good name for myself in a medium where I am otherwise unknown. After that point - because I'm linked to names of products that readers know & have a good reputation - I'd be able to put out original stuff and readers would check it out because the name of someone who they already have enjoyed reading has written it. Perhaps, like me as a writer - you as an artist are also trying to gain some ground in the comic book world. If you'd like to prospectively work together & split a percentage of the sale (to whatever we agree on) - I'd want to see some samples of your work. From there - if we both seem like a good fit for one another - we could discuss whether it'd be a pilot issue (possibly serialized, if combined sales and interest seem high enough to justify it), or whether it'd be a One-Shot Comic/Manga.

With that said, I'm NOT a company. I'm honest to a fault, kind to a fault, extremely easy-going & willing to give artists a general sort of artistic liberty so long as it is within the same ballpark as what I was explaining/thinking. Besides writing, it may behoove you to know that I'm something of a promoter. I mean, I do what I can do & was thought favorably of by certain people back in my days playing the Southern Gospel Music circuit. I've also worked with secular artists. My musical background is expansive. My pallet is board. I know music. Johnny Cash, John Lennon, & Jack White all remind me & others of me in certain ways that they are - if that helps paint a picture. I'm devoutly religious, somewhat eccentric, and stand out far more than I could ever fit in anywhere. I don't know how else to be other than like myself. I play well with others & can/do love people whom I disagree with on an array of topics. If you want to work/play together - hit me up. If not, that is likewise cool & needs no real reply. *Whatever I'd pitch specifically to you (the artist) would be something that I felt suited your style. Again, it'd be a conversation - not a dictatorship. I'd never want someone to do anything that they didn't feel was worth it to them. I'd also never Stan Lee my Jack Kirby. *My contact info & places where you can check out some of my stuff is below. I like to see people succeed. We're all stronger together. Let me know if you want to team up, your terms/conditions, and relevant thoughts/interests.

B. L. Blankenship | BENJAMHOUSE@gmail.com

MY FICTION BOOKS: https://Linktr.ee/WesternHorror
MY ART: https://www.behance.net/benjamiblanken2
MY MUSIC: https://open.spotify.com/artist/5vNlqQoLvzFaCFpZDMoyI6