Artist looking for a story

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

marcelino
Forum Member

Artist looking for a story

Post by marcelino »

Hello. I've wanted to draw a comic for along time but never had the writing ability to do so. Now I'm not at the point where I could draw one so I will be frank and say that this is just a testing ground for me. I'm not experienced in comic book layout so I wanted a few short stories to practice on.

So... if anyone has a story they don't mind sharing, I would really like to try at least a couple out.

http://marcelinorodriguez.deviantart.com/

Thanks!
DonnyBoy
Forum Member

I have tons of story for you.

Post by DonnyBoy »

Hello, I really liked your art on deviantart. I have several stories that might interest you. I don't want to give to much away on here but I will tell you the basic genres of the stories I have.

1. Steam Punk Action/Adventure

2. Super Hero Team Action/Drama

3. Urban Fantasy Action/Drama

In my writing I also include dry humor and some gags, so it's not like these genres are totally rigid. I just wouldn't say I focus on the comedy aspects. But I have scripts and characters already worked out for them so if you want further details just ask.
marcelino
Forum Member

Post by marcelino »

The genres don't really tell me much so I don't have a preference.

I'm not familiar with collaborating with a writer so I'm not sure the best way to go about this. I've seen stories written out by page,panel etc. Do you write like this? I'm not sure if it would benefit or restrict me. Well anyways. I would like to hear more about your stories.
Greywolf
Forum Member

awritercomestocall

Post by Greywolf »

I would be happy to shoot a story your way and see what it might look like as a comic art creation. I am a prolific writer and paid storyteller. I have hundreds of tales unique to me. I would love to see what you could do with one of my pieces. I have a great TROLL tale to tell. Interested? P.M. me. Cheers :wink:
backwardsj
Forum Member

Writer

Post by backwardsj »

The best way for writers to commute very easily, is honestly now a days by facebook. When im sharing a story or working with another writer on a idea, FB chat is the easiest way to go. Ive written a couple personal screen plays, but switching to comics now. I have a killer zombie story, and want to write it with a artist. I dont charge anything, im not desperate for money. Let me know if your interested

Justinscottwaddell@gmail.com
marcelino
Forum Member

Post by marcelino »

Hey Justin,

I should update this for anyone who reads this post as well.

I started a project that is taking up most of my "art" time and that should last until mid January. After that I have a couple of other writers sort of on standby unless they go with another artist.

So... I can't commit to anything at the moment. You can send me your story if you'd like and I can look it over before then but that is all I can promise.

herald909@yahoo.com

and here is the project I am currently working on.

http://clydewinters.com/ep7archive.htm

Nothing fancy but it keeps me drawing a lot. It's updated Monday Wednesday and Friday.
Chanimnya
Regular Poster

Post by Chanimnya »

Hey Marcelino,
I just opened this thread today. I must say your current
project looks interesting. I also noticed that your style
is developing with each panel you draw. Congratulations
on your new gig and I hope you get more in the future!
elhelw
Forum Member

new cool story

Post by elhelw »

i am a comics writer. i have a new strong english comic story scribt. it is a long story that will be divided as series ( as naruto,bleach and one peice ) and it is action fantasy series and i gurantee that it will b so popular
contact me if u intrested: elhelw984@hotmail.com