Yet Another Writer Seeking Comic Artist (YAWSCA)

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

Herpestidae
Forum Member

Yet Another Writer Seeking Comic Artist (YAWSCA)

Post by Herpestidae »

Don't everybody rush at me at once...

Anyway, I've been involved in a writing project that started out as just something to do, but I keep wanting to actually see it brought to life.

So I want to make it into a webcomic.

I already have three chapters written out, and am working on the prologue.

However, while I do consider my writing ability to be above average (at least, so I am told), there are a few issues:
  • I'm inexperienced when it comes to storyboarding or scripting.
  • I suck at drawing.
  • I have no money, but fully intend to make some off of this venture. If an artist does indeed wish to give me a chance, any money made will be shared between/among us.
The person or persons that I seek is/are an artist and scriptwriter.

As for the art style, I'm thinking something that's vaguely anime-like, but that's not a demand. What I do want, however, is for there to be a good amount of shading. Not a whole lot, but enough that it's noticeable.

What's that? You want a sample of my writing?

Well, I'm almost done with the prologue, and I'll put that up when I've completed it. For now, you can have a look at my Fanfiction.net Account to see my style. Just stay away from the one that's Titled "Flesh." I sort of consider that the worst thing I have up there. :smallredface: "Mindscape" is an old shame to a lesser extent.

I also have the bones of the first two chapters up on the Tvtropes forum server. They've been revised from that point.
Holly K.
Forum Member

Post by Holly K. »

Hello,

I am an amateur, self taught artist and am interested in helping you with this project. I am wondering about any deadlines of sorts, and am also wondering where you intend to post this comic.

If you are interested, please email me at hollyk95@yahoo.com
Pharl
Forum Member

Post by Pharl »

Hello.

I have some experience turning a written story into a manuscript, if that's what you're looking for. Shoot me a PM if you're interested to know more.

-Pharl
Herpestidae
Forum Member

Post by Herpestidae »

Well... I haven't heard from the other guy in a good while. Any other artists willing to give me a shot?
Ark_Angel
Forum Member

Post by Ark_Angel »

Hey, I am intrested in helping you with your comic, if you are still looking for an artist email me:

clyde.123.j@gmail.com
Herpestidae
Forum Member

Post by Herpestidae »

So. Yet another artist has disappeared on me, so I'm on the hunt again. Anyone still open?

Also, I think I've got the script thing down, so I'm just looking for artists.

Also, here's a Sample of the kind of thing you'd get from me.