Podcast looking for webcomic artists who want exposure.

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

SalviB
Frequent Poster

Podcast looking for webcomic artists who want exposure.

Post by SalviB »

If you are an artist looking for exposure the "Indy View" podcast is looking to help in anyway we can. Currently, we have plenty of interviews set up for our young podcast but we have the great idea to start a webcomic!

This webcomic will be weekly, and if we can get lucky enough daily! We have tons of 1 page scripts that are short bits to help give publishing experience to young artists. Each page will be a max of 5 panels, some will be one page. We are literally looking for any artist that is at least half way decent.

What you get out of this? You will be able to put all of your contact info on the page you work on, for one of the fastest growing comic news websites today!

If you are interested please contact indyviewpodcast@gmail.com and make the subject INDY VIEW WEBCOMIC.

We hope to hear from you soon!
ArcTanGentleman
Regular Poster

XKCD

Post by ArcTanGentleman »

http://xkcd.com/1102/
Fastest-growing.

Sorry, but I just can't resist. I love that comic.

It's about a days worth of work to make a comic. Having it only seen for a day... yeah... not really worth it. Might want to set a cap of bi-weekly or 3 updates a week. Though, I'm thinking that as it is promotional in nature, weekly works better, possibly in a larger format. Hmm... maybe 3 'strips' scrolling like an RSS feed.

The thing is, artists put in say... 22 days worth of effort to get their monthly issue. They put in... say... 1 day worth of effort for 1 day of exposure... unless you get the kind of views XKCD gets, it won't really be worth it. Yet.

That said... starting off with a slower pace to give them more exposure time, caching comics behind, and timing the exposure so that it coincides with releases or lets them 'hype up' as they wish... if done very strategically it could be a lot better.