need tips for getting someone to draw for me.

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

foeking
Forum Member

need tips for getting someone to draw for me.

Post by foeking »

I really need to get an artist for a web comic that I've been dying to create. I can't pay. (That probably doesn't help any.) But if anyone can give me some advice on how to get someone to want to draw for me it be really appreciated. Thanks.
Ruyei
Reinvents understanding

Tips

Post by Ruyei »

For one thing it is VERY difficult to get an artist to dedicate for a long term project. My advice is to come up with some ideas for short term projects or intros for longer ideas, that way the artist doesn't have to work for very long if he doesn't need to and if he finishes you have a sample piece to show future collaborators. It will help to give a variety of choices and describe each one in your post. It also may help to offer to work on an artists own project as well as link to a sample of your work.

Sincerely,
Ruyei/Robert
sdart
Forum Member

Post by sdart »

I'm an artist looking for a project to work on. I looked at your post and quickly wrote you off, so I might as well tell you why.

There's nothing interesting in your post. No one should have to contact you to see if they're interested; you need to grab our attention in your post first. Have you completed the comic script that you want drawn? If so, say that, and provide the first page or two of the script as an example of what the artist is getting into. If you haven't even started the script, then you should show other (preferably completed) works.

Some other information that artists look for:

- Story genre
- Story summary and/or pitch
- Number of chapters, and number of pages per chapter (An estimation, at least.)
- If the comic's not written yet, are you willing to let the artist have a say during the writing process?
- Do you bring other skills to the table, like lettering or web design?
Bee Bop
Regular Poster

Re: need tips for getting someone to draw for me.

Post by Bee Bop »

you could share the idea... someone may be interested.
Bee Bop

Online versions of my comix at http://www.gothink.co.uk