Comic Artist looking for work

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

Brcdealer
Forum Member

Comic Artist looking for work

Post by Brcdealer »

Yo. I want a writer for SCIENCE FICTION. Looking for mechs and cyborgs. Space adventure. I have some ideas.

My NEW PORTFOLIO: http://bensbeatlab.daportfolio.com/
katebishophawkeye
Regular Poster

Hello!

Post by katebishophawkeye »

Hey!

I'm a writer, and I'd like to take a look at your ideas. Are you thinking about a series or a one-shot? I can send you some writing samples if you're interested.

Shoot me an email at tbabb0621@gmail.com

Cheers,
Tiffany
Brcdealer
Forum Member

Post by Brcdealer »

Bumb
Brcdealer
Forum Member

Post by Brcdealer »

GreyBubbleGum
Regular Poster

Post by GreyBubbleGum »

I'm just wondering, but when artist are looking for a writer to write for them, how does the artist usually know when their story isn't going to well.

I mean it's much easier to identify if you're a terrible drawer, but how do someone identify that they are are terrible writer?

I read your space comic on your website and it seems to be going pretty well Brcdealer. Why not just keep going at it by yourself?
Brcdealer
Forum Member

Post by Brcdealer »

Good question. Idk. I hate writing. I really hate reading what I've written even more, which is why mine actually has no text. I guess I could make them completely mute like those old spy vs spy and Aeon Flux. I really don't know why the humans would want to destroy the alien convoy and commandeer the enemy flagship. I was considering making several factions of humans fighting each other in far off star systems, like a futuristic Japanese Edo society. Like feudal warlords in space. I toyed with the idea of pirates entering the battlefield. I definitely planned on stunning the enemy flagship with emp, then boarding it with Space Marines and having a mech battle in the hangar.

I like the exercise of someone feeding me instructions so I deploy another's fresh perspective. This story that we are talking about is actually an idea that has stuck with me over the years. I've done several versions of the same story. I have a 70+ full single panel page Star Wars version that I did in high school (1996). I tacked them on my bedroom wall like storyboards. I still have it in a box somewhere.
darkersho
Frequent Poster

Post by darkersho »

Last edited by darkersho on Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreyBubbleGum
Regular Poster

Post by GreyBubbleGum »

Well if this story has been on your mind for so long, I think you should just go ahead and try to do at least 20 page of it and see where it leads. I think it's about time you open up that little box.

I really think you should push yourself to do at least 20 page without stopping and redoing it every single time.

I don't usually recommend artist who hate writing to continue a story line by themselves but most of them don't have 70+ panel that has already been drawn.

Might want to avoid the no text comic style though, that can get very confusing, especially in a universe where there is factions. You should really decide if you want your story to be character driven or story. Characters driven are more like anime style plot, and story driven are more like american comics. I think that's the best starting point.

But yeah, might want to push through it and do 20 page. I would like to see where it goes.
Brcdealer
Forum Member

Post by Brcdealer »

Bump
Dreadpool
Forum Member

Post by Dreadpool »

Hey I'm interested in this project, are you still looking for a writer if so I can send you some writing samples.
Brcdealer
Forum Member

Post by Brcdealer »

bump
TheThirteenthChronicler
Forum Member

Post by TheThirteenthChronicler »

A space opera of sorts? How about a remake of 47 Ronin in space. Except the Ronin are a specialized Squadron of pilots?
Last edited by TheThirteenthChronicler on Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brcdealer
Forum Member

Post by Brcdealer »

47 Ronin. I am definitely going to see the movie with Keanu coming out this year. I think I regret spilling my guts the other day. I got a little drunk. 8) That's my idea. I should try and keep those secret.

I want originality if I am going to do something like this. I'm not familiar with 47 Ronin, but sounds like somebody beat me to it. I'll say that I was thinking of a Japanese theme for one single plot turn that I saw on a documentary on feudal Japan. I'm not going to reveal that outloud.

Oh yeah. If anyone can guess what video game inspired my comic book that's in my portfolio, they deserve a perfect "10" for style. I want to talk to that person. And if you know the answer, then put a lid on it! Email me before you post it on here. A small hint is in my last drunken post...

My portfolio: http://bensbeatlab.daportfolio.com/
Brcdealer
Forum Member

Post by Brcdealer »

Bump