Writer Seeking Artist (What are the odds?)

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

ViralPinkLit
Forum Member

Writer Seeking Artist (What are the odds?)

Post by ViralPinkLit »

I am an aspiring writer seeking an artist for a project yet to be written. I am seeking an artist who wants to work from scratch creating something both parties agrees upon from the get go. This is not a paid thing but if the project is submitted somewhere a 50/50 deal would most likely be in play if published (Willing to work on a free webcomic as well). I can come up with many stories and write in most genres but comedy (My personal taste in comedy being whacky and darker in tone and not for everyone, I assume at least). Looking forward to any reply. Samples on request.

Edit: Because of good advice, as seen below.

I currently have way too many stories that can be remade as a project but I seek to create a new one with an artist from point zero. I am not looking for any particular style of art, be it Western or Manga (or Manhwa) like. My stories are a varied bunch including one about a bored assassin in a futuristic city to a revenge seeking woman in the wild west. I write material light enough for kids to hard enough for older readers (Not X stuff, just "mature").

For the past few years I've been trapped at home by my Agoraphobia but that just made it so I have a backlog of stories ever evolving, along with what skill I happen to have. My main mind set these days is action heavy horror but I am willing to write almost anything if the art matches it. Thanks to my condition I am always free to write and can be contacted virtually any time so any artist that is interested can work with flexibility.
Last edited by ViralPinkLit on Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ruyei
Reinvents understanding

Who are you

Post by Ruyei »

Advice: Tell us what you're looking for here. Tell us about your project, tell us about yourself, tell us about your guiding principles as a writer. An artist is going to want everything laid out in front of them. Right now! In order to even consider you. If you're paying than it's different, but since you're not you're going to have to prove yourself.

Best of luck
Sincerely,
Ruyei
vesuvius
Forum Member

Post by vesuvius »

I like your honesty ViralPinkLit!

About me: I work as an animator and vfx artist but I do comics on the side.
Here are some samples ---->http://vesuvius.carbonmade.com/

Finding writers that really produce compelling stories are not easy to find and I would love to work with someone with who can hold an audience for more than five seconds at least.

I'd like to see how flexible your writing ability could be.
josephvelasquez
Regular Poster

Post by josephvelasquez »

Hey pink i sent you a note.