(PAID) Artists Sought for Projects by Writer

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

Quantum
Regular Poster

(PAID) Artists Sought for Projects by Writer

Post by Quantum »

Hey,

I'm a Comics writer based in Vancouver. I'm currently looking for a few artists who would be willing to collaborate with me on a few projects meant to be taken out as pitches to companies. I've had varied levels of success with artists and am looking for artists who are committed and want to get published.

Now here's the catch: I'm willing to pay for the pitch pages and cover -- rates to be negotiated between interested artists and myself. The fees paid out will not cover past the pitch package and depending on the publisher (if there is interest) we will renegotiate the terms of payment -- whether it be advances or back end pay or whatever.

I will say this, I cannot afford to pay over $100 dollars a page, so if you plan on pricing yourself that high (or higher)... look elsewhere. Negotiations will be based on level of experience and quality of art and project time frame.

The projects I'm currently looking for artists for are:

The Summer of Sin --- A crime thriller. 5 issue mini-series. This one is about a group of friends, having just graduated from High School, in the summer of '69 who get mixed up in drugs, murder, orgies, and biker gangs. It's basically a classic teen beach movie filtered through the lense of "Criminal: Last of the Innocent." The first draft of the first issue is done and ready to be sent out to any interested artists.

Point of No Return -- Sci-fi mystery. 5 issue mini-series. This one is about the crew of a spaceship, headed to "Earth 2.0", who find themselves battling against forces unknown in there own ship. This is a murder mystery thriller in the vein of Danny Boyle's Sunshine and Agatha Christie's "And Then There Were None." First issue is written and can be sent to interested artists.

That Boy Seems Special -- Young adult thriller. 5 issue mini series. This one is about an autistic teenager named Alcide who has his world turned upside down when he finds out that the "big sister" who'd been raising him since he was a toddler is actually his kidnapper. Unable to cope with the changes to his fragile world, Alcide goes on the run with a teenage outcast he meets and the two go on a journey of self-discovery as they find out what it means to grow up. First issue is written and can be sent to interested artists. This one is in the vein of "We Can Never Go Home" meets "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time."

I Know That Man -- Time travel natural disaster story. 5 issue mini. This one's a little more complicated (as most time travel stories are). But the jist of the story is that it's about a young man named Clive Whistler, a genius dropout who makes his money scamming criminals and winning big on sites like "DraftKings.com" who comes into contact with three of his future selves (one in his 40's, another in his 60's, and another in his 80's) who have traveled to his time to stop a future time traveler that's bent on world destruction but who also has a personal vendetta against Clive himself. This isn't a parallel universe story, it's a time travel story. It's a different spin on the time travel thriller. The script is currently being written but I can provide an outline upon request. This one is sort of like "Looper" meets "Legends of Tomorrow."

I also have a few other projects in the pipeline that have been written but I'm not seeking artists for. However, if somebody's art stands out but may not be right for any of these projects... I may send them one of the other projects. Whether it be another mini, short, ongoing, or whatever.

You can either PM me on the message boards here or e-mail me at biohazard.quantum@gmail.com

I look forward to seeing some great art.
jedvin
Forum Member

Artist inquiry

Post by jedvin »

Good day!!!

I saw your add l and I' would like to inquire for artist position.

I'm Edwin Domingo by the way a freelance artist/colorist from Philippines. I can Pencil/Ink/ and Color Comics Digitally or Traditionally. Recently I done an Issue of Savage Swordsman for Tyrant Comics, a short comic like Bloody Mary of Paul Newman and a first issue of Instinct of Love for the Pain for MazyMaze production - which is a graphic novel, few and a single commission of Flying Solo and Gigasbiology By Kris Moore which i Done Artwork - . i draw a few pages on Scarry Airee for Crazee Comics, a cover of Russ 5377 no.3 which I was the official colorist.

My link of artwork of Portfolio on Deviantart:
jedvin.deviantart.com/gallery/… for artwork (pencil - color)
jedvin.deviantart.com/gallery/… for character design
jedvin.deviantart.com/gallery/… for pencil
jedvin.deviantart.com/gallery/… for color
sta.sh/228exh4eke3y?edit=1
sta.sh/2ht62iknht?edit=1
sta.sh/22bxco8ep4dl?edit=1
sta.sh/212dzsz3fuek?edit=1

publish work:
Savage Swordsman of Tyrant Comics
www.createspace.com/5575459
Flying Solo on SATURDAY MORNING SNACK ATTACK!
kisforkomics.com/2012/09/12/co…
Bloddy Mary by Paul Newman
bookofliescomic.thecomicseries…

email: edwin.outcast@gmail.com
Looking for a long term commission
Paypal ready
thanks!!