Where are the moderators?

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

redemptioncomic
Forum Member

Where are the moderators?

Post by redemptioncomic »

Is this board moderated for spam at all???

WHY is there a thread about "fat loss solution" on the "Seeking Comics Artists/Writers" board???
Dracul
Forum Member

Post by Dracul »

this is what I keep asking myself.

what's going on?
PatriciaLoupee
Reinvents understanding

Post by PatriciaLoupee »

All other sub-forums here suffer from the same problem. The mods and admins of Zwol have disappeared for good, and I still wonder why the site is online at all, since no one takes care of it.
P.D. Loupee
Portfolio: https://www.behance.net/pdloupee
RobertErdody
Consistant Poster

bizzlybiznump

Post by RobertErdody »

I keep this place honest we dont moderators
Celluloidsamurai
Regular Poster

Post by Celluloidsamurai »

Be nice to have a spam button like CL uses where after a certain number of users hit the button the post disappears
Ricco
Understands reinventing

Post by Ricco »

Yeah,
It is rough on here sometimes. I created a post to try and bunch up all the SPAM BS in one place. It helps, but I'm just not on here enough to keep it up, others have tried to help make a little headway. We come here out of loyalty.

It's only a Matter of time before this thread drys up and blows away, as the rest of us loyal Zwollians will eventually move along to better sites.

Best
Ricco
Celluloidsamurai
Regular Poster

Post by Celluloidsamurai »

Hope not, this is one of my most valuable resources
Ricco
Understands reinventing

Post by Ricco »

I feel the same. I doubt things will ever get back to normal here. I don't understand why the spammers continue to post here. When you look at all the other forum threads they are literally all spam. The only people responding there are other idiot spammers. Theoretically shouldn't they just move along trying to destroy other sites that have people.

I don't know if they are "bots" don't you still have to answer human questions to register on zwol? Is it really worth the time and effort to inundate a forum where there seems to be about less than 50 authentic forum users here?
I know there are better run sites out there, but damn,this place is where I've learned a lot about making comic from a lot of learned people. Most of which have moved on to greener pastures.

I'll still continue browsing here because there are still diamonds in the rough I hope to collaborate with someday.

Best
Ricco
redemptioncomic
Forum Member

Post by redemptioncomic »

Ricco wrote:I feel the same. I doubt things will ever get back to normal here. I don't understand why the spammers continue to post here. When you look at all the other forum threads they are literally all spam. The only people responding there are other idiot spammers. Theoretically shouldn't they just move along trying to destroy other sites that have people.

I don't know if they are "bots" don't you still have to answer human questions to register on zwol? Is it really worth the time and effort to inundate a forum where there seems to be about less than 50 authentic forum users here?
I know there are better run sites out there, but damn,this place is where I've learned a lot about making comic from a lot of learned people. Most of which have moved on to greener pastures.

I'll still continue browsing here because there are still diamonds in the rough I hope to collaborate with someday.

Best
Ricco
I have been absent from the forum for a while because my webcomic stalled. There was nothing I had of value to share. Now I am back, and I see not only does the same problem persist, but it also seems like many threads have not been touched since 2013.

Can anyone recommend any other good webcomic boards out there?
morbid
Frequent Poster

Post by morbid »

Obviously there is still moderation as I read this thread, then checked the board (1st page) and find 30 thread topics that are spam free.

Now, is that coincidence or is that a moderator noticed this thread's topic and cleaned up? Either way, that's a good thing. I like this board and check on it from time to time even when I am not looking for drawing opportunities. It remains a worthwhile resource, though the spam bots and spam stooges do show up and dump their shit on here fairly regularly. Probably because it's such an easy board to find online.
FaultyMirror
Consistant Poster

Post by FaultyMirror »

If I remember correctly, the original creator of the site moved on. Someone else from Zwol managed to eventually contact him and he was amazed the site still existed. He (and maybe a few others) now act as admins on a somewhat charitable basis. What I mean is that, in essence, the site died years ago but, because a few people felt like being nice, the site has survived this far.

Even so, in the last few years, it's gone from a perceived plethora of writers seeking artists to a load of artists begging for jobs in a spammy way (that would be me...). Regardless, I've always thought of Zwol as a cool place so I'll keep checking in from time to time :D

I don't know if I should add this but I've had a few drinks for the first time in months so I hope this all makes sense.
Cheerio!
WillEd
Regular Poster

Post by WillEd »

Someone contacted an old moderator and he was cleaning up the spam. Then someone else finally got in contact with the owner and made that person a moderator. They can't ban anyone, just delete posts. Ironically, the board seems more dead since the cleanup. Hardly anyone new posts. The same artists and many of the better ones no longer post.