**R.I.P. ZWOL 4/20/2017**

Writer looking for artist? Artist looking for writer? Publisher or webmaster looking for either? Post here.

Moderator: Moderators

Ricco
Understands reinventing

**R.I.P. ZWOL 4/20/2017**

Post by Ricco »

With heavy heart I returned to Zwol today after an extended period of time away. The Cancer known as Spammers win. FUCK THEM!! It was a good run here. It's too bad the creators abandoned this thing that created lots of great opportunities to create what we loved. COMICS!

Goodbye all. I'm done here. I feel a little like the Lorax with a kernel of hope that maybe one day....but no...I'm giving this forum permission to go to the light, and leave a black pit of Spammers to implode and be sucked down into the black hole of hell that I'm hoping is reserved just for them.

I'm calling it asistoli 11:17pm 4/20/2017

Goodbye my friends hope to see some of you on the greener pastures of other forums.

Ricco
Last edited by Ricco on Fri May 05, 2017 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
ArtbyAtlas
Understands reinventing

Post by ArtbyAtlas »

Any other comic sites you frequent with work opportunities for artists/writers like this one?
ld-airgrafix
Consistant Poster

Post by ld-airgrafix »

How can you not be interested in runescape gold??? Really good deals here, why would anyone want to pass such opportunities.
But seriously its ridiculous, many regulars have left. I visit rarely
WillEd
Regular Poster

Post by WillEd »

It was annoying when I first saw it, but, hey, I don't click them. This is still the busiest forum I know for postings related to comic book work, except maybe DeviantArt, but the BS factor is high over there. Reddit isn't too bad. Digital Webbing is pretty dead and Penciljack is. CBR has a little of it.
Geebler-art
Regular Poster

Post by Geebler-art »

WillEd wrote:It was annoying when I first saw it, but, hey, I don't click them. This is still the busiest forum I know for postings related to comic book work, except maybe DeviantArt, but the BS factor is high over there. Reddit isn't too bad. Digital Webbing is pretty dead and Penciljack is. CBR has a little of it.
Can you indicate some good reddit places? I'm there but I don't know any forum there to artists looking for work.
WillEd
Regular Poster

Post by WillEd »

Geebler-art wrote:
Can you indicate some good reddit places? I'm there but I don't know any forum there to artists looking for work.
This one. There is a separate section for it that usually is on the first page, but that anthology thing bumped it off it this month to the next page.

www.reddit.com/r/ComicBookCollabs
tomcapung
Regular Poster

Post by tomcapung »

who's admin from this forum?
They must do something.
noonecomics
Reinvents comics

Post by noonecomics »

the spammers are frustating as fuck, but we should defend our ground, when I started a few years ago the gigs were coming faster now is true that everything moves slower and you have to find other sources of income.

so, fuck spammers
Rick Alves
Consistant Poster

Post by Rick Alves »

post deleted
Last edited by Rick Alves on Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
ArtbyAtlas
Understands reinventing

Post by ArtbyAtlas »

Did this site ever *have* moderators?
Celluloidsamurai
Regular Poster

Admin and Moderator

Post by Celluloidsamurai »

I am willing to offer my services to as admin to keep site going this has been one of the best sites around and would like to see it survive this. The powers that be please hit me up.
WillEd
Regular Poster

Re: Admin and Moderator

Post by WillEd »

Celluloidsamurai wrote:I am willing to offer my services to as admin to keep site going this has been one of the best sites around and would like to see it survive this. The powers that be please hit me up.
You might try to contact this guy but he hasn't been here for three years.

http://www.zwol.org/forum/profile.php?m ... rofile&u=2
WillEd
Regular Poster

Post by WillEd »

I guess you can try applying here to be a moderator, but is there anyone around to respond? Is someone paying for this forum?

http://www.zwol.org/forum/groupcp.php?g=183

If someone responds, let us know. I would help. too, just to reduce the spam.
WillEd
Regular Poster

Post by WillEd »

I guess you can try applying here to be a moderator, but is there anyone around to respond? Is someone paying for this forum?

http://www.zwol.org/forum/groupcp.php?g=183

If someone responds, let us know. I would help. too, just to reduce the spam.

I clicked it. But I bet there is no one around to read it. I have seen ghost forums floating around the web, but they were closed.
WillEd
Regular Poster

Post by WillEd »

I thought for a forum to be on the web someone has to pay a hosting fee. But no one seems to be in charge here. The administrator last posted in 20014. The last moderator posted in 2007. Is this forum just floating around the web like an orphan? I sent a PM to the Admin, but I don't expect him to reply.
Geebler-art
Regular Poster

Post by Geebler-art »

I sent an email for the admin and I found a moderator on facebook and sent him a message. I hope one of them repply me.
Eric F Myers
Understands reinventing

Post by Eric F Myers »

Facebook message received! Wow, it's been awhile since I've been on here. I didn't even know it still existed. It's really unbelievable that this board is still in use. I might have to start making daily visits again. So, as for the spammers, as a moderator I can delete post and threads but not users. I have no control over the user profiles, so I don't have the ability to create new moderators. I just went through a few pages and deleted a bunch of threads. But it doesn't even look like I made a dent. I'll send Greg an email, if he's still using that email, and let him know what is happening.
Ricco
Understands reinventing

Post by Ricco »

WOW!! Great job to Geebler for finding Eric. I guess there is a little hope for the old Lorax after all. Thank you Eric, hopefully with your help , Zwol can thrive and blossom again. You might also notice Spammers here have gotten more creative and are using old threads to post their garbage like the user Robby on this page. Maybe we'll see the lost souls return to this forum again. I know I'll be spreading the word elsewhere.

Once again, thank you.

Ricco
Last edited by Ricco on Fri May 05, 2017 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
WillEd
Regular Poster

Post by WillEd »

We appreciate it.
WRichardRought
Forum Member

Post by WRichardRought »

What if we revived the message board with a new message board and site altogether. I have plans in the works to do just that.
Eric F Myers
Understands reinventing

Post by Eric F Myers »

It's going to take a while to clean up this mess. I have to open each post and delete them one at a time. I'm trying to figure out if I could build a macro to take care of this in bulk. In the mean time I'll try to swat away any new spam when I see it and try to keep the page 1 threads clean.
Eric F Myers
Understands reinventing

Post by Eric F Myers »

Also, I sent Greg an email last night to the last known address I had for him. I haven't heard back yet.
Geebler-art
Regular Poster

Post by Geebler-art »

Thank you so much for the help, Eric.
Celluloidsamurai
Regular Poster

Post by Celluloidsamurai »

Yes Thanks!